The technology used by Skype is extremely advanced - but super simple to use. The calls have excellent sound quality and are highly secure with end-to-end encryption.
Additionally it doesn't just work on Windows. Skype is also for Mac OS X, Linux and PDAs using Pocket PC, with a native look and feel for each platform. Talking, sending instant messages or even file transfers work between different platforms like a charm.
- Skype calling - Skype has all the features of an ordinary phone so its even easier to manage your calls.
- Video calling - see who you are talking to at the same time as speaking to them.
- Add Skype and SkypeOut contacts - Add contacts who use Skype and those who use ordinary phones so you can call more people.
- Organising groups - group contacts under certain names and share them with your contacts so they can talk to them too.
- Basic chat and emoticons - when it's not convenient to call, chat or Instant Message (IM) your contacts.
- Group chat - for when it's easier to chat or Instant Message (IM) all your friends at once.
- Profile settings - change how you appear to the world and let people know a bit about you.
- Conference calling - talk to more than one friend at a time.
- Import contacts - search your address book to find friends and family that already have a Skype name and start calling them for free.
- View Outlook contacts - view and call your Microsoft Outlook® contacts quickly and directly from your Skype contact list.
- Quickfilter and Speed-Dial - find Skype contacts, recent chats and SkypeOut contacts quickly and easily, then enter their Skype name to call them back quickly.