Tuesday, June 23, 2009

UnPacking the HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-in-One Printer

HP Officejet Pro 8500 Small Last week I received a very unusual package – guess what? It was a brand new HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-in-One printer courtesy HP Imaging and Printing Group as well as their consultants Genesis Burson-Marsteller.

I received the unit to do my very own hands on assessment on how this printer performs and also answer the burning question “Is an Office Inkjet better than a Laser?”. I will be sharing with you folks a series of reviews over the coming weeks on each of it’s vast features. But even before that, I would like to clearly state that all my reviews on this product are entirely my OWN and are in NO way influenced by HP or it’s partners.

Having said that, lets begin unpacking the unit. I have created a small video of the entire unpacking exercise. Have a look at it below.


Some of the brief specs about the HP Officejet Pro 8500 are:
  • Print capability of A4 duplex colour prints using inkjet features.
  • High resolution 4800 x 2400ppi scanner.
  • Integrated plain paper Fax.
  • Print DPI quality of an amazing 4,800 x 2,400 dpi.
  • Supports Wireless operation using WiFi.
  • USB 2.0 connectivity.
  • Computer-less copy/print operation both in B/W and color.
  • Supports direct use of multiple data cards like SD, MMC, etc.
  • Supports PictBridge operations.
  • Sports a very large 250-sheet paper tray.

During the coming days I will be posting on how I set up the printer and how well it performs in my SOHO (Small Office Home Office) setup. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment